Who Are We?
Business and Professional Womens Foundation (BPW), established in 1919, is the voice of working women. A diverse group, we welcome people from all walks of life and all levels of employment. Together, we work for pay equity, women’s economic self-sufficiency, work place equality and all issues pertaining to women. Membership in Souderton-Telford BPW is open to all individuals who share our mission and objectives.
Consistent with the goals of BPW/USA, Souderton-Telford BPW’s mission as a leading advocate for working women is to support and encourage women in our community to achieve their full potential by providing peer support, education, and skill building programs.
To elevate the standards for working women through education and leadership opportunities, to actively influence our legislators on issues important to women and children, to bring about a spirit of cooperation among all women.
At the heart of BPW is the local organization. Souderton-Telford BPW believes that in unity there is strength, and we need this strength to achieve our common goals. Membership in our local organization also entitles you to become part of the National, State, and District levels, making us one of the largest organizations for working women in the world.
Established in 1951, Souderton-Telford BPW has been a part of the BPW tradition of women helping women throughout the years of growth and change for women in the workplace.
BPW programs and projects enable women to acquire skills and knowledge beneficial to their careers and personal lives.
- Peer Support – We take you seriously and your needs are our #1 concern.
- Networking – You have the opportunity to build invaluable contacts with other working women.
- Education – Various programs provide a wealth of knowledge in all matters pertaining to women.
- Political Awareness – BPW keeps you abreast of legislative issues critical to women. The Political Actional Committee (PAC) supports women/pro-women candidates, locally and nationally.
- Individual Development Course – A course designed to develop leadership and interviewing skills, public speaking, and networking tools.
- Young Careerist – A program designed to recognize the achievements of young working women.
- Scholarship – BPW/USA and BPW/PA provide money for grants, or loans to both undergraduate and graduate students. Souderton-Telford BPW provides a scholarship to a post-high school area individual currently enrolled at Montgomery County Community College. We have additional local programs available.
- Community Involvement – Area services such as the local library, The Arts Foundation, Indian Valley Housing Corporation, and local women’s shelters benefit from monies raised, and time and talent given.
If you’re interested in joining us, please see the Membership page.
Please note contributions are not deductible for Federal Income tax purposes.